Monday 3 March 2014

A Photo Safari { Our Weekend }

I'm doing a four week blogging course with Pip from Meet me at Mikes. It is keeping me a little busy. Tweaking html, setting up to change my blog over to wordpress. My to do list keeps growing longer and longer. And it's all computer related, which isn't my strong point. So finally I'm getting around to completing and posting my first mini assignment. I opted out of the first assignment, which was to post a podcast of yourself on your blog. Let's just say, I did the podcast, and I didn't like the sound of my own voice. Better I stick to writing.

So here it is. My first assignment, which is in truth the second assignment. A photo safari. Five photos that capture my weekend.

Ordinary moments. A nothing special weekend, where lots was achieved around the house and yard. Those kind of catch up, tidy up weekends, that sometimes you need to have every now and again. That completely describes ours.

We recently celebrated our wedding anniversary, and I am loving the colours in the flowers that my husband gave to me.

We watched our big girl ride all the way down the street, and all the way back home for the very first time.

I managed to get through the ever increasing pile of hand washing that was accumulating in my laundry. Anybody else noticing how so many more clothes are now hand wash only? Even children's clothes. It's getting a little ridiculous.

Amelie sat through her first movie, The Little Mermaid. And was mesmerised. (See I told you it was an ordinary type weekend). Me, I couldn't move on from the fact that The Little Mermaid was made in 1989. What?!!! I swear it was the 90's. Watching this movie with Amelie, made me feel rather old.

A little bit of painting with water.

All intertwined with endless cups of tea.

There is something about taking photos of ordinary moments in your weekend that can really make you appreciate the magic and simplicity that is your life. And make you feel entirely grateful for all that you have. Thanks for this assignment Pip, I will definitely do this again x

23 comments:

  1. 1989?!?! seriously? Wow. Feels like just yesterday. Which, in turn, makes me feel old.
    Beautiful post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep! I'm feeling old now too!! Lovely photos of your weekend. I especially like the one with your daughter riding down the road-gorgeous everyday but special moment

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenny,
      it was special. She has attempted it several times before but never quite made it all the way on her own. Growing up so quickly x

      Delete
  3. This is my forth attempt to leave a comment, my kitten keeps jumping on ipad and it disappears! My eldest son was born in 1989 so I'm really feeling old lol! Great pictures Carla, looks like a really lovely weekend to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for still leaving a comment Shelley. There's nothing worse when that kind of thing happens (my screen normally freezes or something else ridiculous) xx

      Delete
  4. Who doesn't love movies and a doona!!! Great pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely post Carla - I love seeing photos of the every day and seeing the magic in them too. And yes - now I feel really old too!! 1989 - that's incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw. These are lovely shots. I feel like I've just popped over for a cup of tea at yours!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, those water painting pages - I remember those! I think from around the same time as the Little Mermaid! Knitted wool items and my tights - that is about all I hand wash. And I put that off as long as possible. I remember my grandma hand washing all of her underwear and bras - no time for that around here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know and water painting pages are so hard to come by too. My daughter loves them!

      Delete
  8. Apart from a lovely post, good on you for doing a course!!! With two little ones that's pretty admirable.
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could do with about a week of early nights I think Andrea!! x

      Delete
  9. Well done Carla. A beautiful post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mrs Tiddly Pip, great name by the way!!!

      Delete
  10. Shut up!! 1989 ??? for reals? holy crap I am old lol. Love the pics of the ordinary moments, you are so right in that when you capture them like this you suddenly see they are not so ordinary after all xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I know scary, I wondered if I had the wrong movie there for a minute!!

      Delete
  11. I like this - taking 'everyday' shots is nice! And it's freaking me out to think that I was IN YEAR 12 when The Little Mermaid came out... what?!!? x

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love the reminder of how long ago those things that seem brand new are. 1989- le sigh.
    as for hand washing, i am a rebel. i figure gentle cycle and washing bags are the same thing. right?! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. gorgeous. your girls are so cute. Seems like it was a fun weekend! Always up for endless cups of tea, haha. Love seeing your summer photos... can't wait for summer here!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...